Friday, December 12, 2008

Identity

So, when I started this blog, I did so because I needed a space to write about me and my life. I originally started a blog called "The Fat Lady Sings," to talk about weight issues and found myself wanting to write about other stuff as well - but I wanted to keep that blog specific, so I created this one. But I brought my identity from the other blog over here. I stayed the "Fat Lady."

I was really comfortable with this moniker. I mean, I am, according to most standards, fat. But it's not just that. I love to get the last word in - so that old saying, "It's not over 'til the fat lady sings," really works for me. And, when discussing weight - I think the standards are so messed up and so skewed that I could get to my ideal weight and according to some measurements, and ideals, I could still be considered fat. So I was loving the Fat Lady as my online persona.

But lately, I've been feeling like it's limiting in ways I don't want to be limited. So I've considered chanign

No comments: