Thursday, March 27, 2008

Beating a Dead Horse

So, I know everyone else has moved on. The media - and everyone - are talking about Pastor Wright and Hillary's Bosnia fantasy. But I'm still stuck on Geraldine Ferraro's comments. I don't know why, but they keep coming back, nagging at me.

In case anyone has forgotten by now, here's what she said:

“If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman of any color, he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept.”


I can't help but wonder, then, was she saying that if Hillary were a Black man, she would be in a better position? Are those really the qualities which Obama has and Hillary lacks? Somehow I think that if Hillary made a deal with the devil and could take one of Obama's qualities - she wouldn't choose to turn into a Black man. If she has half a brain, she'd try to take his:

Charisma - Hillary's energy is SO forced, she always looks like she's trying to be up and excited, but that it doesn't come naturally to her. Sometimes she reminds me of a manic clown at a bored kid's birthday party. Barack, on the other hand, just exudes charisma and it seems to flow from his every pore with no effort. You imagine that if he smiled while walking through the park - the squirrels and birds would follow him.

No comments: